Forumnyheter:

SMF - Just uppdaterat!

Romanian Campaign

Startat av Johan, 18 september 2013 kl. 15:08:38

Föregående ämne - Nästa ämne

0 Medlemmar och 1 Gäst tittar på detta ämne.

Katczinsky

Next step will be to see how the game plays--the balance. We played the southern front already--the Dobrogean campaign, and it followed very historical lines. This was reassuring as it meant the unit valuations were close.

The northern front and the Romanian invasion of Transylvania will very interesting to watch. AS it look son the map it seems the Romanians will simply roll over the AH forces--which is what they did for a few weeks. I suspect it will take only the arrival of a few German divisions to slow things down.

I'm also curious how the fighting on the eastern side of the map will play. There are some powerful Russian forces there.
'You take it from me, we are losing the war because we can salute too well.'

Katczinsky

Hello Guys,

It's been some time since I posted here and I wanted to provide an update. We're play-testing this weekend and the game is progressing well. We've been working on some new systems for supply and unit subordination. We think we've come up with a way to eliminate the army charts and unit CE markers, cutting the number of counters by almost 50%.

Here are the revised map and some sample counters. The new counters are quite a bit different than the old, but much, much easier to read and with more information.

tinG

Thanks for the update Mr. Katczinsky!
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-- Napoleon Bonaparte

Katczinsky

Good morning,

Just a quick update. I posted on CSW, but I've not come around to the other forums yet.

For right now "Romania," is on hold as a project. Unfortunately, for me designing wargames can only be a hobby. I have to work my normal job and also there is also my family.  I have spent a lot of time working on the game by myself for the past years, and it is about 80% done, but now I need to let it sit for some time while I take care of "real life."

On the positive side it is a good game. I say this as a player and not as the designer. Also, the publisher who would like to print the game is still very supportive, and we still hope to get the game done in the future.

Strv102r

Unfortunate news! While I am certain everybody understands I still must say that I really looked forward to this game.
Ola Palmquist. Spelar nu:   GMT Roads to Leningrad, därefter GMTs Army Group Center, SPIs Panzergruppe Guderian, S&T Smolensk,  Som sidoprojekt, lite till och från, AHs Squadleaderserie.

Katczinsky

CiteraUnfortunate news! While I am certain everybody understands I still must say that I really looked forward to this game.

Hi Ola, thanks for the kind message--I didn't see it until today for some reason.

"Romania" is definitely not dead, and the publisher has given me his full support to get back to him when I'm ready to work on it again.

I have been also considering a simpler form of the game--using a different scale and a much easier system. It could be that there is more than one game, or version of games. The research is all done, and that's what took me three years to do.