Forumnyheter:

SMF - Just uppdaterat!

Horus Heresy - köpa eller inte?

Startat av Doomfarer, 21 april 2010 kl. 16:53:08

Föregående ämne - Nästa ämne

0 Medlemmar och 1 Gäst tittar på detta ämne.

Doomfarer

Måste erkänna att jag blev grymt sugen på Horus Heresy (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/ ... rus-heresy) när jag såg det. Ingen stor fan av 40k settingen egentligen men alla spel med massor av pryttlar får mig att drägla. :)

Köpa eller inte? Kostar trots allt 800 kr.
Paul H

Are you working dear
I hear from the other room
I lie and play on

silversixx

Det verkar väldigt häftigt. Men jag vet inte ifall det är en reprint på GW's gamla eller inte. Det gamla var faktiskt rätt kul, om än simpelt.
Det är trotsallt FFG-flåsigt, så du får ju grejer för pengarna ;)

Doomfarer

Har redan köpt det, kunde inte hålla mig.  :oops:
Paul H

Are you working dear
I hear from the other room
I lie and play on

BigPapaBear

Citat från: "silversixx"Det verkar väldigt häftigt. Men jag vet inte ifall det är en reprint på GW's gamla eller inte. Det gamla var faktiskt rätt kul, om än simpelt.

FFG har väl förhandlat sig till rättigheterna för en massa gamla GW-spel.

Delirium

Citat från: "silversixx"Det verkar väldigt häftigt. Men jag vet inte ifall det är en reprint på GW's gamla eller inte. Det gamla var faktiskt rätt kul, om än simpelt.

Det jobbiga är att man även får Fantasy Flight-rygg efter att ha släpat åbäkena fram och tillbaka. Vad i hela friden är felet på gamla hederliga blippar?

krilo

Spelet verkar grymt, absolut! Det verkat väldigt up to date! Jag siktar mot, trots att jag lite missuppfattat vad detta forum handlar om, allt köpa detta något i stil med detta spel. Jag har ju onekligen fort inspirerats av gamla hederliga brädspel, och nu verkar jag vara fast! :)
kill 'em all, except you!

silversixx

Citat från: "krilo"Spelet verkar grymt, absolut! Det verkat väldigt up to date! Jag siktar mot, trots att jag lite missuppfattat vad detta forum handlar om, allt köpa detta något i stil med detta spel. Jag har ju onekligen fort inspirerats av gamla hederliga brädspel, och nu verkar jag vara fast! :)
Spelet är säkert jättebra, men du kan få bra mer pangande krigsspel för pengarna :)

Scipio

Jag har spelat det några gånger nu.
Tycker det är ett bra spel än så länge, hur det håller i längden är för tidigt att avgöra men det verkar lovande återspelbarhet.
"No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow"

krilo

Tack för tipset silversixx

Jag har ju inte riktigt köpt något ännu, då jag ju är nyintroducerad, bara läst. Men det kan kanske vara är värde att just kolla runt lite mer innan jag köper något, och det kan ju dröja ett tag.
kill 'em all, except you!

Elias Nordling

Här är en som är litet tveksam:

Horus Heresy last night with Brian S. Having learned a number of bitter lessons in our last game, I substantially refined my traitor opening. The bombardment knocked out the Titans threatening Angron at Primus and I delivered strong reinforcements to him right away. The White Scars tried for him at even cards and got crushed - a follow up drop by the remaining World Eaters basically wiped their chapter out.

Mortarion clung grimly to Eternity Wall, while Magnus & the Thousand Sons dropped onto Damocles. Fulgrim took Lion's Gate but got kicked out by Sanguinius & the Blood Angels. I was just bringing the Thousand Sons up to try and take Lion's Gate for the win when the Emperor, the Custodes, the Imperial Fists and the Blood Angels jumped into orbit, kicked the shit out of the troops in the catacombs and nuked Horus for the win. Ouch.

My fault as I didn't know how quickly Brian could pull together a massive fault in orbit - I could have used a Port Landing to spring the H man and drop him on Terra out of harm's way. Stuck well to the theme there, with a desperate Imperial counterattack saving the day.

Reactions

I've had fun both times we've played (but a lot more of it this time, when I didn't bungle the traitor's opening). The orders system engineers some tough choices about what to do next and the game moves pretty quickly (we were done in maybe 2 hours all told, including a pause for dinner).

But...

I stand by my initial impression that this feels more like a commando raid than the siege of Terra. The Traitors are not merely pressed for time - they simply have none of it - and their forces feel small when compared to the Imperials. I can't imagine you'd ever see the "historical" result, with large Traitor armies landing and advancing on the Imperial palace - they simply could not do this within the confines of the initiative system.

The Traitors also feel very fragile to me. If a couple things go wrong (the initial bombardment misses the Titans, you can't knock out the defense lasers or take heavy losses on the drop to reinforce Angron), then you're fucked. There's little to no margin of error.

Contrary to what one might expect, it is the Imperials who should be attacking early and often. They have more firepower than the Traitors and it is better massed - the Blood Angels (for instance) are nearly unstoppable until they have taken three casualties. In last night's game, I launched only one attack (a firefight and I only know this because it wasn't in my hand at one point) while Brian launched four. I took the other locations by launching attacks indirectly through treason and drop pods.

Because the starting orders are so useful and time is so precious, vast swaths of the order deck and game mechanics seem to go unused. It seemed to us like you might see half of the 36-card order deck in a typical game.

For example: Brian never replaced any casualties through his factories last night and I can't realistically see the Imperial player getting more than one or two pieces that way per game. Nor can I see the Traitor bothering with attacking the fortresses of the Adeptus Mechanicus - they are far enough out of the way that he simply can't afford the time to go after them.

It's enough fun that it will get back to the table, but I'm fairly certain the older GW boardgame is the better representation of the subject matter.

Peter Bogdasarian
"Your value to me as a tester is your vandal instinct at breaking games!"