Forumnyheter:

SMF - Just uppdaterat!

Kort meddelande gällande TitO

Startat av Andreas Lundin, 8 december 2016 kl. 22:31:45

Föregående ämne - Nästa ämne

0 Medlemmar och 1 Gäst tittar på detta ämne.

Andreas Lundin

Njo, lite interaktion är det allt, men det är så att säga lösbart.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
Funderar mest på (spelar mindre): Europa Universalis. Warhammer 40000. GBoH

Andreas Lundin

Gälllande frågan som kom upp under Elias, Scipio och mitt parti under lördagen. Se https://boardgamegeek.com/article/25490495#25490495.

CiteraI have played a couple of games both of Stonewall's Sword and of TitO. This weekend I demonstrated TitO at a smal con (Friendly Fire deluxe, btw) and one of the players said something I'd never noticed myself.

He said: Wait a minute! If I read the tables correctly a close combat between two 8SP units the atatcker is at an advantage compared to a CC between two 4Sp units (i.e. if the attacker 'survives' defensive fire).

What's the designers motivation behind this design? I don't necesarily see it as a flaw. I just had no answer to give to the other player.

CiteraHey Andreas! Great observation and question ...

The simple, bottom line answer is that even Close Combat is still based primarily on firepower. It's just conducted at a much closer range, with occasional bayonet charges and close quarters fighting involved. But actual melee is pretty rare. So, as you point out, an 8 SP vs 8 SP fight will be more "intense" than a 4 SP vs 4 SP fight. The attacker in the 8 SP fight has a harder threshold to cross to get his "licks" in. Also remember that a unit's Cohesion Rating is really the ultimate arbiter in how it will do in any fight, so that factors in as to how a unit will fair in a more intense close-range combat.

Thanks!
Herm
Funderar mest på (spelar mindre): Europa Universalis. Warhammer 40000. GBoH