Forumnyheter:

SMF - Just uppdaterat!

English Speaking Group in Stockholm

Startat av andrewbwm, 12 maj 2018 kl. 17:27:49

Föregående ämne - Nästa ämne

0 Medlemmar och 1 Gäst tittar på detta ämne.

andrewbwm

Hello!

I recently moved to Stockholm and I was wondering if there are any regular playing wargame groups in the city.

I'd especially be interested in a group that is willing to play multiplayer games, COIN, Here I Stand, Churchill, and the like.
--
Andrew B

Vengardo

Hello!

While I'm Swedish I would not mind starting/joining an English speaking group. Coincidentally I own Fire in the Lake and Colonial Twilight from the COIN series along with Here I Stand and Churchill (among a lot of other games). Have not been able to get HIS to the table yet, six dedicated players are hard to round up :/

Anyway, if you're up for it we could probably get something going at Dice Café (https://www.facebook.com/DiceCafeSTHLM/).

Take care!

/Ludvig

andrewbwm

Citat från: Vengardo skrivet 14 maj 2018 kl. 20:05:41
Hello!

While I'm Swedish I would not mind starting/joining an English speaking group. Coincidentally I own Fire in the Lake and Colonial Twilight from the COIN series along with Here I Stand and Churchill (among a lot of other games). Have not been able to get HIS to the table yet, six dedicated players are hard to round up :/

Anyway, if you're up for it we could probably get something going at Dice Café (https://www.facebook.com/DiceCafeSTHLM/).

Hello, Ludvig!

Yes, that would be great! Hopefully we can get a few more interested souls to join in this endeavor.

Finding a place afterwards should be easy, the people seem to be the hard part.
--
Andrew B

shi4stone

Hi Andrew,

Agree it is the people that is difficult to find than the place. I still cannot speak Swedish well after many years living here but I survived to find some people willing to play in English too:)

Occasionally we do play Virgin Queen, Churchill, Time of Crisis etc. But I would also like to play some 1v1 hex and counter games too.

Maybe we can meet up sometime.

B.R.
Lei

andrewbwm

Citat från: shi4stone skrivet 15 maj 2018 kl. 11:45:38
Hi Andrew,

Agree it is the people that is difficult to find than the place. I still cannot speak Swedish well after many years living here but I survived to find some people willing to play in English too:)

Occasionally we do play Virgin Queen, Churchill, Time of Crisis etc. But I would also like to play some 1v1 hex and counter games too.

That sounds great, Lei! You can send me a private message and we can set up a meeting and maybe we can have Ludvig join too. How many people are usually in your group?
--
Andrew B

Vengardo

Citat från: andrewbwm skrivet 15 maj 2018 kl. 19:34:11
Citat från: shi4stone skrivet 15 maj 2018 kl. 11:45:38
Hi Andrew,

That sounds great, Lei! You can send me a private message and we can set up a meeting and maybe we can have Ludvig join too. How many people are usually in your group?

Sounds fantastics, I'm interested in joining in too. Feel free to pm me as well. Any particular hex&counter games?

shi4stone

well.. many wish to play, to start, no retreat 1, US civil war, GCACW, etc etc. multi player game, maybe PAX Romana, Space Empire top of the list

here is my to geeklist, see if anything you would be interested
https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/shi4stone

/Lei

andrewbwm

Citat från: shi4stone skrivet 16 maj 2018 kl. 13:30:25
well.. many wish to play, to start, no retreat 1, US civil war, GCACW, etc etc. multi player game, maybe PAX Romana, Space Empire top of the list

I don't mind having some two player games going on too, but I'd really like to get some multiplayer games in.

Here's my collection, some of it I have left over in Linköping, but most of the wargames are here with me.

Let's pick a game and maybe we can schedule a gameday then.
--
Andrew B

Vengardo

Citat från: andrewbwm skrivet 16 maj 2018 kl. 19:31:11
Citat från: shi4stone skrivet 16 maj 2018 kl. 13:30:25

I don't mind having some two player games going on too, but I'd really like to get some multiplayer games in.

Here's my collection, some of it I have left over in Linköping, but most of the wargames are here with me.

Let's pick a game and maybe we can schedule a gameday then.

And here's mine; https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/Vengardo

Looks like all of us appreciate Churchill, how about a couple of conferences of that to get started? I can't join on 23-24/5, but other evenings/nights I might be able to negotiate for :)

andrewbwm

Citat från: Vengardo skrivet 16 maj 2018 kl. 21:18:35Looks like all of us appreciate Churchill, how about a couple of conferences of that to get started? I can't join on 23-24/5, but other evenings/nights I might be able to negotiate for :)

Sounds like a plan. We can meet at the Dice Cafe. I have a couple of exams coming up and it would be a lot easier for me to join after that(Plus one of the exams is in International Politics, studying for it might make me more likely to win the game :)).

Here's a poll that might help us pick a date.
--
Andrew B

Vengardo

Citat från: andrewbwm skrivet 17 maj 2018 kl. 22:13:47
Citat från: Vengardo skrivet 16 maj 2018 kl. 21:18:35Looks like all of us appreciate Churchill, how about a couple of conferences of that to get started? I can't join on 23-24/5, but other evenings/nights I might be able to negotiate for :)

Sounds like a plan. We can meet at the Dice Cafe. I have a couple of exams coming up and it would be a lot easier for me to join after that(Plus one of the exams is in International Politics, studying for it might make me more likely to win the game :)).

Here's a poll that might help us pick a date.

Great, I marked all days. So far there is nothing planned those nights :)

shi4stone

I have marked a few options. Best for me is the coming Tuesday next week. I guess we meet and play Churchill?
btw, i seem to have some problem with PM here, so please let me know in the thread.

andrewbwm

Citat från: shi4stone skrivet 29 maj 2018 kl. 15:39:40
I have marked a few options. Best for me is the coming Tuesday next week. I guess we meet and play Churchill?
btw, i seem to have some problem with PM here, so please let me know in the thread.

Perfect, we're set for next Tuesday, the 5th of June, 17:00, at Dice Cafe. See you there!
--
Andrew B

Vengardo

Citat från: andrewbwm skrivet 29 maj 2018 kl. 18:07:14
Citat från: shi4stone skrivet 29 maj 2018 kl. 15:39:40

Perfect, we're set for next Tuesday, the 5th of June, 17:00, at Dice Cafe. See you there!

Hello! Unfortunately I will most likely be unable to attend, both the wife and three year old are ill. Eyebrows were raised when I brought up the subject of spending the evening gaming.

I hope you can find another player and that we will be able to schedule another session soon-ish.

Best regards

/Ludvig

andrewbwm

Citat från: Vengardo skrivet  3 juni 2018 kl. 12:02:10
Hello! Unfortunately I will most likely be unable to attend, both the wife and three year old are ill. Eyebrows were raised when I brought up the subject of spending the evening gaming.

I hope you can find another player and that we will be able to schedule another session soon-ish.

Absolutely no problem! We can just reschedule for some other time. Lei let us know if that's ok with you too.

Send us a message when the family is feeling better and we'll just reschedule then.
--
Andrew B