Författare Ämne: Deadly northern light  (läst 3750 gånger)

Elias Nordling

• Generallöjtnant
  • Antal inlägg: 5255
    • Visa profil
SV: Deadly northern light
« Svar #120 skrivet: 10 maj 2020 kl. 20:19:08 »
As soon as anyone suggests anything ambitious and wonderful, Fabrizio already has it up his sleeves and you can reserve a copy anywhere its full print run has already been reserved somewhere on the internet.
 :mrgreen:
"Your value to me as a tester is your vandal instinct at breaking games!"

EvilSpook

• Fänrik
  • Antal inlägg: 608
    • Visa profil
« Svar #121 skrivet: 10 maj 2020 kl. 21:52:07 »
As soon as anyone suggests anything ambitious and wonderful, Fabrizio already has it up his sleeves and you can reserve a copy anywhere its full print run has already been reserved somewhere on the internet.

:lol:

//EvilSpook

Mimer

• Sergeant
  • Antal inlägg: 163
    • Visa profil
« Svar #122 skrivet: 10 maj 2020 kl. 23:19:46 »

Too close to reality, too close... :)

Peojon

• Fänrik
  • Antal inlägg: 586
    • Visa profil
« Svar #123 skrivet: 10 maj 2020 kl. 23:59:47 »
NB51 was the Norrlandsbrigad organized at I21 in Solefteå.
NB13 was organized in 1984, so that might have been the one that was doubtful.
But where are the batalions organized by K4?
Försöker lära mig Fighting Wings: Whistling Death
Mitt uppe i:Lbd Lutzen och CG II i Valor of the Guards

fvianello

• Menig
  • Antal inlägg: 26
    • Visa profil
« Svar #124 skrivet: 11 maj 2020 kl. 00:19:08 »

Well 1985:DNL has been undoubtedly a great success.....The whole team is very happy for that :)

Wes

• Sergeant
  • Antal inlägg: 224
    • Visa profil
« Svar #125 skrivet: 11 maj 2020 kl. 01:00:11 »

Somewhere behind enemy lines killing truckers.
They didn’t operate in big units.

fvianello

• Menig
    • Visa profil
« Svar #126 skrivet: 11 maj 2020 kl. 01:12:24 »

Yep.... most of them probably in Finland, as it's highly improbable for WP to attack Sweden leaving Finland neutral. Forward deployment of special forces was the first line of defense in Swedish war plans.  The +10 NATO Combat Value on Finnish Front in case of Swedish Intervention comes from that. 
« Senast ändrad: 11 maj 2020 kl. 01:17:07 av fvianello »

Mimer

• Sergeant
    • Visa profil
« Svar #127 skrivet: 11 maj 2020 kl. 01:35:39 »

Well 1985:DNL has been undoubtedly a great success.....The whole team is very happy for that :)

Glad to hear it.

jerry

• Fänrik
  • Antal inlägg: 773
    • Visa profil
« Svar #128 skrivet: 11 maj 2020 kl. 09:18:11 »

Me too , i am also glad to hear this.......
Nu är det spel med Red Barricades samt world in flames collectors edition

ErikLj

• Fanjunkare
  • Antal inlägg: 380
    • Visa profil
« Svar #129 skrivet: 11 maj 2020 kl. 10:19:03 »

The batalions K4 trained, I think around six and some extra companies, were based in the area from the border and around 100 km inland. The were organized under the Fo, Fogrp or Gränsreg, depending om year.

The basic plan was to dispeare in smal units over a large area, hide and observe, stay behind the enemy line and then by small unit ambush hit supply columns, valuble target as artillery and HQ, blow upp bridges, put out mines, direct indirect fire. They were not trained or supposed act as a batalion in a small area, pluton and maybe compani was the the main unit.

In a game with mech batalions and regements they are very hard to simulate as a unit. Better to make it harder for the the enemy to move and  trace supply in the border area.

Peojon

• Fänrik
  • Antal inlägg: 586
    • Visa profil
« Svar #130 skrivet: 11 maj 2020 kl. 10:48:53 »

Yep.... most of them probably in Finland, as it's highly improbable for WP to attack Sweden leaving Finland neutral. Forward deployment of special forces was the first line of defense in Swedish war plans.  The +10 NATO Combat Value on Finnish Front in case of Swedish Intervention comes from that.
Yes I see. K4 and I22 organized 8 battalions between them for that purpose. But there are two I22 battalions in the Oob, so who are they? And again, the FJ- battalion?
Försöker lära mig Fighting Wings: Whistling Death
Mitt uppe i:Lbd Lutzen och CG II i Valor of the Guards

ErikLj

• Fanjunkare
  • Antal inlägg: 380
    • Visa profil
« Svar #131 skrivet: 11 maj 2020 kl. 10:59:44 »

Yes I see. K4 and I22 organized 8 battalions between them for that purpose. But there are two I22 battalions in the Oob, so who are they? And again, the FJ- battalion?
I22 did not organized any battalions, only independet companies, Jkomp and Gjkomp, (Ranger comp and Borde ranger comp). The operated in the most northern part of Sweden with the same missons and tactics as the battalions trained by K4. The Gjkomp hade some speciall capabilitys and tasks.

The fjbattalion were pure adminstration and staff units. They were supposd to operates as independent groups and maybe platoons. Drop behinde enemy lines to observe and sabotage. Some fj units hade personal with speciall language skills.

fvianello

• Menig
    • Visa profil
« Svar #132 skrivet: 11 maj 2020 kl. 18:50:07 »

Most of SF would have been dispersed in small groups in rear areas, but they can also be used in bigger Raids (see 37.1 - Plotting Raids) that can be particularly devastating when launched at the right time.  Represented special forces leave that possibility open to the NATO player.

fvianello

• Menig
    • Visa profil
« Svar #133 skrivet: 18 maj 2020 kl. 15:20:52 »
The first Field Manual for 1985:Deadly Northern Lights, covering amphibious operations, is available!
Read it to avoid becoming a tourist attraction at the bottom of Norwegian Sea.

https://trlgames.com/2020/05/18/1985dnl-field-manual-03-001-amphibious-operations/

Mimer

• Sergeant
    • Visa profil
« Svar #134 skrivet: 18 maj 2020 kl. 16:43:05 »
The first Field Manual for 1985:Deadly Northern Lights, covering amphibious operations, is available!
Read it to avoid becoming a tourist attraction at the bottom of Norwegian Sea.

https://trlgames.com/2020/05/18/1985dnl-field-manual-03-001-amphibious-operations/

Downloaded for future use. :)