Forumnyheter:

SMF - Just uppdaterat!

JD Webster visit

Startat av Lee Brimmicombe-Wood, 7 november 2011 kl. 00:13:47

Föregående ämne - Nästa ämne

0 Medlemmar och 1 Gäst tittar på detta ämne.

Sten Ekedahl

Citat från: "Rydfalk"
Citat från: "Elias Nordling"
Citeraair shows on both Saturday and Sunday, although only the Sunday show will be open to the public.

Who's the non-public air show for? Thirld world dictators? And how do they prevent the public from getting a glimpse?

Among the dictators are all teachers and other public servants in Linköping...

/Mikael
:lol:
Wargames - Laborationer i historia

Mode

Citat från: "Elias Nordling"Who's the non-public air show for? Thirld world dictators??
Mostly SAAB people and their families, although attendance by thirld world dictators would be most welcome as that would present an opportunity to seize them for ASAP shipping to a cell in Haag. However, I don´t think any will show up since it is an air show, not a weapons exhibition.

Citat från: "Elias Nordling"And how do they prevent the public from getting a glimpse?
Why bother, since it´s the same programme both days? It´s just a question of logistics and of providing those that do this professionally with a decent (read: without too much interference from people complaining about the "noise" from an air base that has existed for 100 years - the show is celebrating 100 years of military aviation at Malmen air base) working environment.
Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird.

Lee Brimmicombe-Wood

Sadly I doubt I can make that weekend. However, I shall try and post something when I have a better idea of when I can take some time off.
Up in the air Junior Birdman

Lee Brimmicombe-Wood

Hey, I am free on vacation for the next two weeks and I'd love to come up to Linköping to see the air force museum.

Any suggestions on a good day to visit? And how do I get there via public transport?

Mode

The museum is open between 11 AM and 5 PM, Wednesdays until 8 PM. Museum web page is at http://www.flygvapenmuseum.se/ (English version available through dropdown menu).

Just take bus 13 from the train station towards Malmslätt and get off at Flygvapenmuseum - can't be much easier. Check http://www.ostgotatrafiken.se/ for further details. About five years ago you could use ticket cards from Skånetrafiken to pay for Östgötatrafiken tickets (and vice versa), but I do not know if this option is still valid; check with either of them to be sure. If not, an SMS ticket is probably cheapest.

There is a lot to see and you can get quite close to most aircrafts. The cold war exhibition in the new hall (to the right just past the entrance/museum shop) should not be missed.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions, I live about 2 km from the museum and might be able to show you around.

Lee Brimmicombe-Wood

I'd love to have a guide to the museum. Would it be possible to arrange to visit on a day when you're free?

Mode

I'm on vacation for yet another week, so no problems.
Eventually our local IPMS chapter will meet next Sunday (29/7); if so, then you can meet a whole bunch of experts on various aspects of Swedish military aviation. I'll check and be back with an answer ASAP.

Elias Nordling

And just to be helpful, I'm pretty sure by eventually, you meant possibly.
"Your value to me as a tester is your vandal instinct at breaking games!"

Lee Brimmicombe-Wood

Let me know about the Sunday. That might make a good day for the trip.

Lee Brimmicombe-Wood

Any news on Sunday?

Lee Brimmicombe-Wood

I was wondering whether to book a train ticket for Linköping on Sunday. Any thoughts on whether this would be a good day for you?

Mode

Sorry, there will be no club meeting until August 26.

EDIT: In case you´ve already read this post, I´m sorry to say that I will have to cancel Sunday due to something that came up just a few minutes after I posted it.