Forumnyheter:

SMF - Just uppdaterat!

Romanian Campaign

Startat av Johan, 18 september 2013 kl. 15:08:38

Föregående ämne - Nästa ämne

0 Medlemmar och 1 Gäst tittar på detta ämne.

Johan

Nytt spel av Resch och Hederer om kampanjen i Rumänien. Finns lite info på CSW:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.1dd9d05c
Mvh Johan

Andreas Lundin

Dom kan ta mina pengar redan nu. Nobrainer.
Funderar mest på (spelar mindre): Europa Universalis. Warhammer 40000. GBoH

Delirium

Jag höll på att säga att allt Michael Resch har gjort ska köpas, men sen insåg jag att hans tidigare försök att skildra de östliga kampanjerna bedöms som väldigt svårbemästrade jämfört med 1914:TitE. Låt oss säga att allt från och med 1914:TitE? :)
Dungeons and Dragons och Kingmaker

Elias Nordling

Det rumänska fälttåget var ju i och för sig rätt... enkelriktat. Tror det krävs en del tricks för att få det spännande, det räcker inte med "här är systemet, här är brickorna, här är kartan, så, klart!"
"Your value to me as a tester is your vandal instinct at breaking games!"

Andreas Lundin

Glädjedödare!
Funderar mest på (spelar mindre): Europa Universalis. Warhammer 40000. GBoH

Elias Nordling

Försökte att inte vara det för mycket  :oops: Spelkonstruktören har säkert kommit på genialiska segervillkor...

Delirium

Nu ska ju spelet tydligen bara handla om 1916 så det finns utrymme för offensiver på bägge sidor innan vintern kommer. Glädjen tillbaka.

Elias Nordling

Det är ju just 1916-kampanjen som är så ensidig. Der Weltkrieg-serien har ett spel på kampanjen, som ska vara av det slag man spelar en gång.

Delirium

Beror väl på din definition av ensidag? Vad jag kan se expanderar rumänerna kraftigt i cirka tre veckor för att sedan drabbas av motoffensiver på flera fronter. Under de offensiverna verkar det fortfarande ha skett ett antal motattacker från rumänerna som oftast misslyckas på grund av bristande ryskt intresse. Rumänerna faller tillbaka och i december låses positionerna för vintern. Verkar väl finnas mer intressanta situationer här och vara mindre ensidigt än exempelvis Polen -39 eller Frankrike -40?

Nu vet vi så klart inte vad det blir av det här spelet men spontant kan jag inte döma ut spelet av samma anledning som du.

Elias Nordling

Missförstå mig inte, jag dömer inte ut spelet. Polen är också en marig situation att göra ett bra spel på, det kräver mer än att bara göra brickor, karta och ett system som skildrar krigföringen på ett korrekt vis. Man måste göra något klurigt med segervillkoren och annat för att det inte bara ska bli en lång förnedring av polacker. Detsamma gäller Rumänien 1916. Jag säger inte att konstruktören INTE har tänkt på detta, bara att situationen i sig är knepig att göra ett spel som är intressant för bägge sidor på.

Katczinsky

Hello,

I am the designer of "1916: Romania Battle of Nations." I've just joined your forum after talking to one of your members about the 1914 series.

If anyone would like to discuss Romania's concepts or my ideas for the design, I'd be more than happy to answer any questions. I do not unfortunately speak Swedish, but I can try google translate.

Paul
'You take it from me, we are losing the war because we can salute too well.'

Elias Nordling

Hello! Friends of mine have played The Romanian Campaign in Der Weltkrieg series and found it not the bother because all the traffic is going one way. Have you done anything with the game to make the game something more for the Romanian player than just falling back and try to minimize the disaster?

Katczinsky

Citat från: Elias Nordling skrivet 28 december 2014 kl. 08:01:52
Hello! Friends of mine have played The Romanian Campaign in Der Weltkrieg series and found it not the bother because all the traffic is going one way. Have you done anything with the game to make the game something more for the Romanian player than just falling back and try to minimize the disaster?

Hello, and a good question! I've also played the Romanian campaign in DW, and I'd say that while I really like the series, the huge scope of the game sometimes makes it impossible to include some important details in individual campaigns. 1916: Romania I feel is pretty well balanced, and also offers some "what-if's" that I think will make the game replayable and fun.

I would venture to say that the Romanian high command made quite a few large errors during the campaign, and while encouraging the players to follow historical incentives (victory conditions) I do not want to script the game, at all. For example, three Romanian divisions (15% of the Romanian forces) spent the first two weeks of the campaign shuttling north and south between the two fronts--I would imagine any of our players would put them to better use.

The campaign was a bit of a more close-cut issue than would seem on first examination. The German and Austrian forces had to get over the passes before snow made this difficult. That will definitely be one point of tension in the game--the weather hanging over the Central Powers (CP) player. On the southern front the issue was complicated as well. Mackensen had to deal with the Bulgarians (who provided the majority of the troops) who were not really interested in anything beyond conquering the Dobrogea. For the CP player south there will be some headaches with command and objectives to deal with.

There is also the issue of Russian commitment to the campaign--this could have gone differently. The ending Russian forces totaled over 24 corps--a huge force, and while keeping historical framework in mind it may be that these forces arrive a bit earlier, or can be used more effectively by the Allied player.

Because of the complexities of the campaign, I'm going to design a three-player version as well. This will actually include two German players playing against each other. Both will try to reach Bucharest first. This show well the relationship between Falkenhayn (trying to prove himself) and Mackensen.

Some "what-if" scenarios will include a smaller Romanian Army with better organization. The decision to mobilize 23 divisions was a disaster and effected the fighting abilities of the Romanian divisions. Imagine a German active division with Landsturm and Landwehr mixed in at the regimental level and you understand the situation that occurred in 1916 with the Romanians. They also mixed up the brigades in the divisions so that some divisional commanders had never even met the brigade commanders they went to war with...

I'll close before I ramble on too much, but I feel the game is fun and there are enough surprises to make it fun, tense, and educational for both sides. The game is based on Mike Resch's system, but will have points of its own that will make it different as well.

Paul
'You take it from me, we are losing the war because we can salute too well.'

Elias Nordling

Thanks for the reply! Sounds interesting!

Delirium